Dear Family and Friends,
Yesterday was a miracle day at church. We had three investigators come and one of the less active families in the ward that we have been working with. Everybody came! Even a Muslim man that we contacted on the street over a month ago showed up for Sunday school.
We have been teaching a less active family with five kids recently. The oldest is baptized, but has no interest in the Church and the others have never really been active in the Church. However, the parents have been to Church a few times recently, and the youngest two kids have taken an interest. We started teaching the youngest, and 8 year old girl about a month ago, and her 13 year old brother, Aaron decided this week that he would like to take the lessons. We were able to connect them with another family in the ward that has children all about the same age. It was really exciting to see that and how excited the active member was to be able to contribute to their growth in the Gospel. Both parents and the two kids that we have been teaching attended church yesterday.
Our new investigator, Terry is preparing to be baptized in September. She attended church as well for the first time yesterday, and she loved it. Zeke was confirmed (yay!--we were discussing afterwards that it may have been divine intervention to have him confirmed yesterday rather than before) and Terry leaned over to me and asked, "I have already been confirmed i the Lutheran Church. Can I still be confirmed in this church?" When I answered "yes," she responded by saying, "Oh, good! I am so glad!" We talked to the woman who gave her a ride to church afterwards and she said that Terry was really feeling the Spirit and was really happy and upbeat. I am excited to continue to help her grow and discover the fullness of the Gospel.
I am rekindling my love for tracting or as the other Sister Turley would put it, "My passion for finding." Sister Cunningham would love to be able to knock on every door in our area. And we are finding people to teach from it. I love it.
In my studies this week I revisited chapter 1 in Preach My Gospel and spent some time in the "Success as a Missionary" section on page 10. I realized that I am becoming more confident and happy as a missionary because I am understanding the role of agency more. I am less discouraged in myself for others' choices not to listen or to accept the Gospel. I am learning that my efforts do not necessarily yield the results of others making correct decisions. I am grateful that my role is to give others' the opportunity to accept the Gospel and that many have.
On Thursday, while Sister Cunningham were taking a quick nap at lunchtime, the doorbell rang, but we were too lazy to get up and check the door. Thank goodness, because I probably would have cried! Emmett and Maren and Megan Armstrong doorbell-ditched us! My brother was thirty feet away from me! We loved the cupcakes and chocolate. :) Thanks for thinking of us! What do you think of Everett?
Love you lots and have a great week!
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment