Monday, October 6, 2014

What a WEMderful 18 Months!!!--Sister Turley

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, the excitement of the week is that I wrecked on my bike. After extensive investigation, we still have not figured out why. I wasn't touching the brakes, it wasn't more than a 1% downhill grade, there were no cars around. I just hit the ground. We have determined that it was either Satan or an angel that pushed me over. Thankfully, I was not injured too bad. I got some good road rash on my hands and a little on my elbows and chin. And my foot was bruised, but thankfully I am healing! Sister Cunningham had to drive for a few days because I couldn't grip the steering wheel well enough without being in a ton of pain. We are back to normal as of last night, though! Yay!

We found a really exciting new investigator this week. His name is Logan and he is ten, almost eleven. His dad and mother are less active members, but I guess Logan has been begging them to be baptized since he was eight years old. He loved, loved, loved the first lesson and is really excited to have more! I think a lot of the process for Logan will be to help his dad, Jason come back to church. I am hopeful though, that having Jason relearn the lessons (which he is planning to do) and Logan's excitement will be a good motivator. I am excited for them! They have so much potential and the Gospel of Jesus Christ will bless them so much.

I am happy to report that Jennifer and Jaime are still progressing. I love when we start a lesson and they say how much they enjoyed reading the pamphlet again, or the peace that the Book of Mormon has brought to their lives. 

My favorite General Conference Talk this weekend was President Monson's address on Sunday morning. I loved the reminder to just be good like the Savior. That is really what it comes down to.

I can't believe that my time in the Washington Everett Mission is so close to the end. I am torn between wanting a small break and never wanting to leave. I am grateful that the Lord has trusted me to share with his children in Everett who were and are willing to hear the Gospel. I know that it is true and the only true source of joy and peace. I always think of the last line in "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet" (Hymn 19). It says, "While they that reject this glad message, shall never such happiness know." I am saddened for those who do not embrace the good word of God and rejoice with those who make it part of their lives. It is absolutely true and I know it! 

See you on Monday!

Thanks again and again! 
Love,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment