Dear Family,
They asked us to please write our families on our first day in the mission, so here it is:
Today was super interesting. There were about 15 missionaries on my flight this morning from all over AZ. When our flight landed in SLC, we got our luggage and caught our shuttle. It was funny because it was so cramped. We had 5 missionaries and all had 2-3 bags which we had to fit in a Sienna. Needless to say, there was no extra room, haha.
When we were dropped off at the MTC, we got checked-in right away w/ the help of the foreign-language missionaries. The elders were our luggage carriers and the sister took us to our rooms. One of the elders that helped me is in my friend Vanessa Webster's district (the one going to the Philippines) so that was kind of fun. We then went straight to our classroom. Of course I was the first one there, so I ended up chatting for about half an hour with one of our teachers. Both that I have met so far seem pretty solid & excited to be here. Then we had a meeting with the MTC Presidency. After we went to dinner which I was SOOOOO grateful for since I hadn't eaten for 12 hrs! Bummer of flying in early and arriving at lunch time. :( But it was good & my companions & I celebrated w/ BYU Creamery Ice Cream after (I have 2 companions - Sis. Holt & Sis. Lisonbee). In our meeting with the MTC Pres., they told us to stop calling each other "guys" and my comps & I keep laughing because that is an impossible task.
After dinner was the best part though. We had a meeting where we got in group and rotated to 3 different "investigators" and as a big group we had a discussion of sorts w/ them. One of the "investigators" was someone named Aaron Molesi, who was in the Samoan section of Luau w/ me & Cami. But the one I really enjoyed was an "Italian" widower who had also lost a child within days of birth. That was his biggest concern that his son was in limbo because he was not baptized. I was able to share my testimony of the Atonement and share that his child was with God & I bawled the whole time because the spirit was so strong. It was surprisingly fulfilling. Some of the other sisters came up to me after and thanked me and said, "While you were bearing your testimony, I kept thinking that the Church is so true." I was grateful for that experience.
But my district is good. It is me & my comps (we are also the only ones in our room) & 5 elders. One of them is from Texas and everything that comes out of his mouth cracks me up.
Unfortunately, I don't have a P-day until next Thurs. so this will probs be all you get from me until then.
Love you lots!
Sister (<-- Weird) Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment