Dear Fam and Friends,
This week was really crazy, but probably my favorite of the transfer/several transfers. We had three exchanges (two were scheduled and one was impromtu) and I am finally starting to feel like being an STL is doable. What a tender mercy! Once I have started to lose myself in the calling, everything else seems better. We were able to meet with all of our investigators last week, but I was out of the area each time, so I don't really have much to report.
This week in my studies, I finished Matthew and started Mark. I loved being able to study more about the Atonement and have more things start to click that I had not realized before. I think my favorite thing I learned was Matthew 28:18-20. It is the Savior's charge to His disciples following his Atonement: "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." I finally realized the whole reason why we go about and teach the people. It is because of the Savior and His Atonement. It is because He has been given "all power...in heaven and in earth." It is because He has overcome all. That is why we teach! That is why we give 18 months-2 years of our lives to share what He taught. Because Jesus is our Savior. What a profound blessing.
Yesterday, for our District Preparation Day, we went to ...drumroll...Deception Pass. The pass was great as always, but it was literally killing me to be in my old area and so close to so many people that I care so much about and not be able to see them! Especially Bennett and Verna since I missed out on their baptism by one week. It was torture in every form of the word. I just love those people so much.
Our President informed us this week that the Washington Everett Mission no longer gets to go to the temple, unless someone you "had significant influence in their baptism" is going through the temple for their own endowments. That means my next potential temple visit is October 18, 2014! I literally am about to cry. I love the temple, and I NEED the temple. I am so grateful that I have always lived close to the temple and had the opportunity to attend. I require the relief that I get when I attend and hope that I can make it through another year without it! And I thought July to December was a long wait! My heart hurts for those people who only get to attend once or twice in their lives!
Love ya!
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment