Monday, November 18, 2013

The WEM This Week--S. Turley

Dear President Bonham,

This week was a success! We taught eleven lessons! It was a serious miracle! We found three new investigators, and two of them are part of a FAMILY (in the WEM we capitalize family because they are so important).

The FAMILY that we found are a part member family. The dad was baptized when he was 12ish but has been less active since then. The mom grew up in the Church of the Nazarene. They have four kids, two who are old enough to be baptized. We found them because they referred themselves on mormon.org. Apparently their kids have been asking about being baptized, and the mom is open to learning more about the Church. The father's family is all active and they live in Kirkland, so they have a strong background in the Gospel. We have high hopes for them!

The other new investigator we found tracting with our District Leader and she is looking for a church and was excited to have us there! We are SOOOOO grateful!

This week in my studies, I had somewhat of an epiphany. I started third Nephi this week and as I was reading, I just sat there and thought, "I am so. sick. about reading about the Nephites and the Lamanites having the truth and then becoming wicked, having the truth and becoming wicked, over and over again." I truly almost could not handle it. And then I just thought about it. That Heavenly Father must feel that way about us all the time. Thankfully, He loves us. And He always reaches out to us in love again. I hope that one day I will be able to just keep on doing what is right and not make Him sad by turning away over and over. But thankfully the Atonement makes up for that and works over and over again. Heavenly Father shows that He loves us through his patience and the gift of His son if we return to the good part of the cycle.

We are currently sitting in the library waiting for transfer calls...We will see what the future holds.

Love,
Sister Turley

Pictures:
-Deception Pass from the other side
-The District: E. Wells, E. Schiess, E. Haupu, E. Lindsay, S. Lawson, S. Tuttle, S. Smith, S. Turley
-The District "in pros." (proselyting attire)







No comments:

Post a Comment