Monday, September 8, 2014

Transfer Week in the WEM--Sister Turley

Dear Family and Friends, 

Drumroll...Tomorrow is transfers.....
AND I GET TO STAY WITH SISTER CUNNINGHAM IN EVERETT!!!!
And both my district leader and his companion are getting transferred, so I am hoping against hope that Elder Bloomfield will be in my District!

I am so excited to be with Sister Cunningham for transfer number three! I love her. We were talking this weekend about what may or may not happen at transfers and we were really hoping that we would get to stay together. We really feel like the investigators that we have right now have been hand-picked for us. We are grateful to both get to stay with them and help them progress in the Gospel.

Our investigator pool right now is pretty small, but in the words of Sister Cunningham, "it's legit." Our investigators truly have a desire to learn and we have been pretty good and discerning who wants to learn and others that we have been "making" learn. I am grateful that we have been blessed with that added measure of the Spirit to help us use our time most wisely. I have been praying regularly for that gift.

We have three investigators on date for baptism in October. We are really excited for that! Terri is on date for the 11th. She asks such great questions I almost wanted to cry. It really shows that she is taking the Gospel seriously and thinking about what it means for her. Jaime and Jennifer are on date for the 18th and are progressing as well.

We are really hoping to take our investigators to the "Come See For Yourself" fireside this month. I have also am looking forward to inviting our next door neighbor as well. His name is Louie, and he is probably the best neighbor I have ever had, ever. We share a backyard so we say "hello" to him often and he always has a friendly smile and something nice to say to us. He has also done countless acts of service for us and the members that live on the other side of our duplex. He even helped to install a new door that we got about a month ago per request of the housing coordinators. I think that he would enjoy the fireside, and hope he will say "yes." I guess I have another something to pray about. 

This week I have spent a lot of time on the essays and I am grateful for the experience. I have remembered things that I had forgotten about and had additional insights that I didn't realize would come from various experience I have had. Sister Cunningham and I also finished the Pearl of Great Price this morning with the Joseph Smith History. I am grateful for all the efforts Joseph Smith put in and all the trials and persecutions that he went through to follow God so that the rest of us could be blessed by the fullness of the Everlasting Gospel. While we do not worship Joseph Smith, we are all eternally indebted to him for all the work he did.

Love,
Sister Turley





                          Sometimes I really love tracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment