We had a wonderful, productive week last week! We were so blessed! As we exercised faith to pray specifically for new investigators we were definitely led to those who are ready to hear the Gospel. We were blessed to find four new investigators. All of these individuals are earnestly seeking truth and have been prepared. We pray that their hearts will continue to be opened and receptive as we continue to teach them. It was such a faith builder to have this experience and put to the test the Lord's invitation to "ask" and "knock," to have the faith and to act on it and be successful in our endeavors as a result. We expect that one of the sisters that we are teaching will very soon be progressing. She told us over and over as we met with her that "it is time" and "I am ready." She has a brother in Salt Lake that is a member and they have had some great discussions and she mentioned that she and her family all really enjoyed visits to Temple Square that they have made. We are excited to work with her and her family. They have such a beautiful spirit and as I said before, are so prepared for this message and recognize that it will indeed bless their family. Another investigator, Andrew, will definitely give us a run for our money. He asks one or more questions for every principle that we discuss. He also has a firm belief in the Bible and wants a Bible reference for everything. He also takes literally the verse in Revelation that says not to add or take away to what was written, so that may be a big obstacle to have to overcome. But we are grateful for his excitement to learn what we believe. He has a great foundation and is very open with his own feelings which greatly adds to our conversations. We look forward to working with him as well as our other investigators.
Sister Cromar and I were privileged to speak in Sacrament Meeting in the Oak Harbor 1st Ward yesterday. The Bishop gave us the assignment and told us to pick our own topics, but to keep in mind that it was Mothers' Day. For me, Mothers' Day is a little bit different. To me, it means faith and trust in God and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. For Lari, I would recommend that you read the section on the Atonement in Preach My Gospel on page 51-52. Especially pay attention to the last two paragraphs of that section. They are the best! The Atonement is real and ready for us to use. For a long time and sometimes still, I had the faith that the Atonement was real and that Jesus Christ could do what he said, but I didn't exactly trust that He would do it and wasn't willing to allow Him to or stretch my hand back out to Him and take His extended hand. The Atonement only works when we do that. I have experienced a lot of healing and peace as I have humbled myself and allowed the Savior to take on my burdens. That is kind of a big task sometimes. To just turn it ALL over to the Lord and let Him take control, and then sit back and trust. But it works. Pull a Nike and just do it!
I really enjoyed being able to talk to my family yesterday, and thanks for keeping me mostly on task by asking about the missionary work and not too many other things. I was a great Mothers' Day. Sorry this letter is short, but I feel like I got it all out yesterday. But if you have questions, feel free to ask!
Love,
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment