Dear Fam and Friends,
Sorry the lib was closed yesterday! And this is going to be super quick because we have half the time to email today than we would if we had Pday to do it. And sorry this email is a mess and you are probs getting more than you want to know about.
Last Tuesday, we were able to meet Lavina's husband! His name is Nikhil and he is from Southern India and was raised Hindu. We decided that evening after dinner that we needed to stop by Lavina's house and drop off an invitation to the Ward Relief Society Activity that is being held next week. Lavina had usually scheduled lessons during the day so we had never met Nikhil and were excited when he invited us in! He had some great questions and he is very intelligent. You can tell that he desires to know truth. We mostly just answered his questions (still a great place to start) and afterwards, Lavina was excited to schedule a time for this week that we can come and teach both of them! We are hoping now that Nikhil is more on board we will be able to meet with Lavina more frequently. She had previously wanted to meet only once every two weeks. Hopefully we can increase it to once a week!
The tradition of leadership calls EVERY transfer continues! I am going to be an STL (Sister Trainer Leader)... My aunt (Ally) wrote me this week, saying "It is interesting being in the Stake RS Presidency. Can I just say that I used to think that people who got those callings already have their act together? I have come to realize, however, that sometimes it is the Lord's way of giving you even MORE reason to get your act together." I am hoping the same can be for us! We NEED it! This area and calling and everything is super stressing me out. I am trying to grow my faith that the Lord will bless us, but it is definitely not going to come over night. I know He blesses us, but I forget really easy. I am trying to learn how to strengthen my mind and protect it from Satan. He is really good. I learned that I need to do more protecting this week in Alma 48:9. The Nephites are preparing their lands for battle and it says, "And in their weakest fortifications he did place the greater number of men..." I need to put more soldiers in place to help protect me from the influence of the adversary. Not to toot my own horn, but my mind is one of my greatest assets, I believe--I have been blessed with a quick mind and a good memory--but it is also my weakest asset. It can easily be persuaded to think less of myself and what I am doing. I think I am going to try to start memorizing more scriptures to help protect myself. Elder DeVictoria has been one of the best examples of being a great missionary to me (former DL. He just went home, so sad!), so I think I am going to try to follow his example and memorize D&C 121:34-46. I think it will help me in ALL aspects that I need extra fortification in. Tall order, but good stuff. My favorite scripture is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." I know it is true. Just sometimes application is difficult. But I really do know that it is true and that Christ can help us with anything. He wants us to succeed and do good things. I might have some growing pains, but I do believe that I will be better and stronger both as a missionary and as person as I magnify my many callings and trust in the Savior.
Love ya lots!
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment