I don't feel like I have much to report this week. Our numbers were kind of sad, we didn't find any new investigators, we got dropped and dropped a few, and our other investigators are still attempting to hurdle the struggles that are in front of them. Here's to a better week and finding lots of new people who are searching for something more and determined to make changes in their lives!
This week, our bishop asked me to start a series of short talks given by the missionaries monthly in Sacrament Meeting to encourage the members to do missionary work. He assigned me to speak about the doctrinal reasons why we share the Gospel and then to offer just a few suggestions on how to put that into practice. I enjoyed studying again the "why" and being reminded of why I am out here. I hate to admit it, but I have been feeling pretty "trunky" this week and almost don't want to call home for Christmas because of it. But the why--I realized that it is part of our baptismal covenant to share the Gospel. And it is a commandment. Pretty straight forward. We just need to do it. I have also enjoyed reviewing "The Power of Everyday Missionaries," and remembering the promises that the Lord gives us. My two favorite promises are (1) That God will forgive our sins as we share the Gospel. I always worry that even though I have repented, I will not be forgiven. This thought is wholly untrue, but I am still always grateful for the reminder that we can be forgiven and sharing the Gospel can help. (2) We will find joy in the Gospel. I have found this already to be true. I love the Gospel now. I always knew it was true before, but it was never REALLY a part of who I was. Now it is, and I am grateful for that tender mercy. I know that God is real, that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon and the Church are true.
Thanks for all you do!
Love,
Sister Turley
Bennett, Verna and I at Cottage Meeting!!!!!
Adios to Hermana Jaramillo :( She goes back to Tucson this week. Love You, Hermana!
No comments:
Post a Comment