Dear Family and Friends,
I really hope I can survive this transfer. We were really looking forward to some change this week to help us regain our motivation. It has been so hard around here lately--area, companionship, finding, ward members, etc. Oh well. What can you do? I'm just really frustrated right now. I guess I need to pray about that.
I am grateful that Dominick is still doing very well. He is still motivated to take care of things and get baptized. He actually thanked us this week for not giving up on him because I guess the last time he fell off date the missionaries kind of left him alone for a while and that was really discouraging to him. I am grateful to recognize that he has real intent and really does want to follow God. I am grateful that since I have been here we have been able to see him gain that motivation and try to do better. We did have to go get him out of bed for church, but he came for all three hours! Alejandra texted us that Dominick didn't want to get up for church (our meetings start at 9) and so we went over to their apartment and "invited and enticed" Dominick to come to church. And he did! I hope he realizes the blessings that he gained from doing so.
This week, I finished the Book of Mormon. Yay!! And I decided that I am going to try and power-read the Doctrine and Covenants and see if I can finish it in about a month. I have REALLY enjoyed it. I have never really gotten into the Doctrine and Covenants before, so I am really excited that it is starting to come alive. I really identify with Oliver Cowdery and all the instructions that he receives are really for me. Maybe it's because we have the same birthday. I have learned a lot and gotten chastised a lot. I never thought I would enjoy chastisement so much! But it is great and surprisingly motivating! I think the statement in the introduction to the book is very apt: "In the revelations one hears the tender but firm voice of the Lord Jesus Christ..." It is true because I feel his love even as I am being reproved. I am grateful for these modern day revelations.
Sorry it's short today!
Love you lots!
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment