Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been a great week! I love Sister Wright. I can definitely see that she may be one that needs some help, but that will not be a problem. We do get along well and I am grateful to have her as my companion. She does not take herself too seriously, which is great. I need to be with someone like her so I can handle some of the trials that I find myself facing. Thank you!
We had a good heart-to-heart with Dominick on Saturday and he said that he really wants to get baptized and we asked him what we needed to do to help him be baptized sooner rather than later. We went over the interview questions with him again to help him do a self-inventory. He agreed to fast on Sunday and make a list and we will all work together to check off all the things on the list. We are thinking of a date in May to have him prepare for. He really wants a date to work towards because he said he was really motivated last time he had a date. We just want to make sure that he will feel confident with the date that we set and that it will REALLY REALLY happen this time.
We got a new investigator this week named Gwen. She is a funny, older, black lady that can sure talk your ear off. She is a joy though. She has been going to the family history center regularly for the last several weeks and calls us her "angels" for directing her how to get there and who to get in touch with. She attended the General Women's Broadcast on Saturday and just loved it. Now we just need to get to her to church. And watch General Conference!
This week in my studies I finished the Doctrine and Covenants!!!! Here are some of my favorite things that I learned: (1) You can tell the sections that are direct revelation from the Lord and those that are accounts of events or exhortations written by men. The wording of the Lord is clear and simple and easy to understand. The Lord delights in plainness! Whereas, the sections that are written by people are more difficult and take more than on read. (2) I loved a statement by Wilford Woodruff in Official Declaration 1. It was something that I had been pondering as golden prospects keep seeming to get pushed off by a week, or two weeks, etc. He said: "The Lord had decreed the establishment of Zion. . . And Almighty God decreed that the Devil should not thwart it." I determined that Satan can sure slow down the work, but he will never stop it. That is a great comfort to me as we have faced some slow work lately. But it hasn't been stopped and it won't be stopped on the Lord's watch.
Love you lots!
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment