Dear Family and Friends,
YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Emmett got into BYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And got his Eagle Project stuff done! Way to go, cute little (big) brother!
I am breaking the commandments and coveting all those who got to see the Cultural Celebration and the Temple Open House and the Dedication. I AM SO JEALOUS! But, I am really excited that it will be ready for me to do sessions in when I get home. Is it possible to download the videos of the celebration and cornerstone and stuff so I can watch it when I get back? I saw that they had links on lds.org. :) That would be a great birthday present ;)
We were in contact with a former investigator, Bill, that is ready to make some changes in his life. Unfortunately, he is most likely moving to the ward next to ours in the next few days, so we will have to let the Elders have him. He did say that he was going to come to our weekly Book of Mormon class this week with our WML who has taken him under his wing. Our WML had him over for dinner last night and Bill sent us text message afterwards saying that he cried all the way home because he has felt God's love so strongly for him over the last few days. It was awesome! Our prayers for Mt. Vernon to be humble have truly worked for Bill, although I do feel a little sad for him that he has had to go through hard trials to get to this point.
Unfortunately, one of our two new investigators stood us up at our lesson. The other said that he was not willing to come to church after our church tour. He said it could possibly change in the future, but he did not want to put it into his schedule yet. It was rather disappointing because our tour was great! And when we were standing at the baptismal font and talked about baptism and the covenants we make, the Spirit was so strong. I don't know how he could not have felt it! He wants to continue the lessons though, so hopefully his viewpoint will change. We pray for him and our other investigators all the time!
We spent a lot of time finding this week and we have some great potential investigators, but we were unable to get any of them the new investigator status. Here's to success on that front this week!
The new teaching method is still rather hard for me, but I think it is just because I still need practice. And I am a control freak. This is really good for me to be able to practice putting off the natural man as Elder Bednar taught us. "Control is the illusion of the natural man. Buckle up."--Elder Bednar. I just need to practice and be patient. I am still gaining a testimony of this new method, but it will come. John 7:17.
This week in my study, I continued my adventure in the Doctrine and Covenants. I loved the counsel I received in Section 62:2-4. To paraphrase, it said: You are not quite finished with your mission, but you done wonderful things and have born great testimony that the angels in heaven are excited about, but you are not done, so keep working. It was a very timely reminder for me because I sometimes get panicky, (1) because I really do miss my family and I want to see them, (2) because I realized that I don't have much time left and I want to actually do some things before I leave! But it was good to remember that I am not finished. It is not the last minute yet, and I HAVE done some good things that even the angels are happy about. I just need to continue in patience and also in faith.
Love you lots! Have a great week!
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment