Monday, April 14, 2014

More Adventures--S. Turley, WEM

Dear Family and Friends,

We had interviews with our Mission President on Friday and it was so wonderful and much needed! I just really love President Bonham! He is truly inspired and wants the best for all of us. And I know that he loves me, which helps me understand how my Savior feels about me. We had a great talk and he gave me a much needed blessing. I have felt a lot more at peace the last few days and I can feel the Lord taking my burdens away and/or making me stronger. I am grateful for the power of the priesthood and the blessing that it is in my life.

I had my mission birthday this Thursday! One year. Crazy.

Our investigator, Dan is preparing to be baptized on May 17th. He has had some trials that everyone has to face when they are preparing to follow God and make covenants, but he is staying strong. He said, "Nothing is going to change. I am still going to be baptized."

Dominick finished up his community service on Saturday and is now looking for a job. Yay! He also loved Cottage Meeting yesterday. He said that it was his favorite Cottage Meeting thus far. He told us on the drive down that he was really excited for Church yesterday and didn't even feel tired when he got up in the morning. He told us that he is excited to make some good changes in his life. :) We are hoping to set a baptismal date in the next two weeks after he meets with his attorney to see where he is in the legal process and if he is good to go!

This week in my study, I was studying Lehi's dream. I love how I get new revelation every time I read in the Book of Mormon!  The thing that stood out to me the most, was in 1 Nephi 8:21. It said that Lehi saw "numberless concourses of people, many of whom were pressing forward, that they might obtain the path which led unto the tree by which I stood."  If "many" of "numberless" people want to get the the tree, that means there are LOTS of people that are looking to get on the path that leads to the tree. There are LOTS of people that want the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I also thought it was interesting that the people were "pressing forward that they might obtain the path." There are people that are prepared for us to teach that are SO close to the path. They are almost to the iron rod. All we have to do is hold on to the rod with one hand, and reach out like the Savior would to grab the other's hand and bridge the gap. That is what missionaries are for. Making that connection and helping God's children hold firmly to his word after we let go of them to help another. It is exciting that there really are many people who want the Gospel and who are so close.

Also, this may seem a little blunt, but I was grateful for this brief note from the Lord this morning as I studied. Luke 21:17-18 "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish." My thoughts: Sometimes people will hate you. But it's ok, you are getting eternal life.

Thanks for all you do!
Love ya lots!
Sister Turley




 Washington Wildlife

No comments:

Post a Comment