Monday, April 28, 2014

Moving Forward in "Washyourhandsington"--S. Turley

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm sorry this will be another shorty. We spent two days in our apartment this week because I had a migraine on Saturday and then Sister Wright had one on Sunday. We think it may be some freak virus because other people have been telling us that they have been getting bad headaches this week too. Hopefully the worst is over. Despite that, we had our best numbers all transfer!

We put Dominick on date this week.We are praying so hard that all will work out! We are so excited for him and he is soooooooo ready.It needs to just happen. We also put Janette (Alejandra's niece) and Vickie (Alejandra's sister) on date for June 7th as well. So we have three on date! And it is going to be a family affair :) Vickie is just taking off! She loves what she is learning and bought a dress especially for church and attended yesterday. I honestly think that she moved to Mt. Vernon to hear the Gospel. It is so fun to be in those lessons, especially when Alejandra's other sister, Gaby comes over. Gaby is also a recent covert, and they all just build off of each other and get so excited about the Gospel. They answer each other's questions and ask more and are so hungry for the truth. We hope to have Dominick, Vickie and Janette attend a baptism that the Elders in our district are having this Saturday. Things are looking up.

In my study this week I really enjoyed the account given in John about how some of the disciples came to follow Jesus. I loved in chapter 1 that the apostles gained a testimony of Christ and then went to tell their friends that they had found Him! From there, others were brought to Christ and became his apostles. Not only did they tell their friends that they found the Savior, they also invited them to "come, and see." It's important not only to tell our friends that we have something good, but also to invite them to come and see. Invite them to partake with you (like the Apostles--they found Christ, and followed Christ, and brought others with them), so they can see the Savior and experience the blessings of this Atonement and his Gospel. I have been finding all sorts of great member missionary stories in my studies lately. I am going to start recording them to share with others.

Love you lots! Have a good week!
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment