Dear Friends & Family,
This week was a great week. We taught nine member present/member friend lessons! We found a new investigator who contacted us, and I believe will be baptized soon. And we had a great Stake Conference :) Bennett Harris and Everet Seeley were on a panel about missionary work and it was fun to hear from them and talk with them after the meeting. I also got to see Darlene Seeley :) And I heard from the Oak Harbor Sisters that Tiffany (remember from forever ago? she was Wiccan...) was baptized on Saturday! So great!
Our new investigator this week is named Margaret. Her son was baptized in the Mt. Vernon YSA ward a few weeks ago. And she has had more positive interaction with the church than I have ever heard of. The Elders had given us her name prior to that event, but told us that she was not interested yet. A few weeks ago, we decided that we were just going to go knock on her door and use a tracting approach and see what happened. We did and she was very kind, but not interested. On Tuesday, she sent us a text message and said that she would like to learn more and asked us when we were available to have a lesson. We set up an appointment for that night. She came with a desire to learn and come unto Christ. It is so exciting when you see people that are truly prepared! She attended both the evening and Sunday sessions of Stake Conference and loved the talks, especially from the visiting seventy.
Dominick and Janette are still as excited as ever to be baptized on June 7th. Vickie is still trying to decide if she wants to be baptized then, or later. But, she will get baptized one of these days. I can tell that she believes the Gospel is true and she has a hunger to learn more. But, she just wants to know more before she makes a commitment. Which is perfect. The Gospel is a commitment and it is serious.
Well, I have spent 7/9 transfers in the Mt. Vernon Zone and I am getting transferred tomorrow. Kinda sad. I will miss the wonderful friends that I have made here. But, here's to meeting more friends!
A verse that really touched my heart this week as I studied, was 1 Nephi 22:28. It reads, "But, behold, all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people shall dwell safely in the Holy One of Israel if it so be that they will repent." I love the idea of "dwelling safely" in Christ if we repent. Nothing physically, emotionally, spiritually, can hurt us when we dwell in Christ. And I can't wait until the Second coming so we can dwell in person with him. And it is open to all people to receive these blessings.
Thanks for all you do!
Love,
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment