Dear Family and Friends,
It is so much fun to be busy! On Tuesday evening, we had to go on splits because we were double booked. It was great! We were able to meet with some of the Elders' former investigators that are now in our area and we are hopeful that they will continue to progress in the Gospel.
I realized that I didn't really say anything about my new area last week. My new companion is Sister Sorensen. She is from Fallon, Nevada and she is thirty years old. She was actually called to the WEM 9 years ago, but got sick and decided that it was time to come back! We are working in central-south Everett in the View Ridge ward. We drove into the area and I just kept thinking, "There are so many people!" I have gotten used to rural WA so this will be a change. Exciting though!
This last week was the anniversary of my Mom's passing, so it was a little rough. Five years! I can and can't believe that it has been that long! My heart hurt a little bit this week because of that. I know Sister Sorensen was struggling too. I hope I do not wear her out! She is good to just keep smiling and keep going, though. I am grateful for that. Sister Sorensen's mom also passed away two years ago, so it was interesting (but no coincidence) that we were put together for Mother's Day.
Our investigator, Thomas (or Stan) really enjoyed Cottage Meeting. He really felt the Spirit and he was talking more about baptism as a reality for him than he ever has. It was really exciting!
This week in my study I came across a verse that Sister Sorensen and I have deemed as the "happy verse." It is 2 Nephi 8:11 and it reads, "Therefore, the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy and holiness shall be upon their heads; and they shall obtain gladness and joy; sorrow and mourning shall flee away." I don't feel like I really have to add anything to this verse. It is just going to be wonderful. We have enjoyed sharing this with members this week at our dinner appointments and it is fun to hear people say, "I know why you call that the happy verse!" or "Isn't that wonderful!" or "Read it again!" or "Oooh! Let me write that one down!" It seems that the world has just needed that little reminder lately, and we are grateful that we were blessed to find that verse to lift us and lift others.
We went bowling this morning with our district and had breakfast at the alley. They had a breakfast and three game special for $8 and we had a lot of fun. Our district leader was calling the event "Bowling and Hashbrowns." It has been a while since I have had a district activity because the Sisters in my last district lived 15 miles away, and we didn't have miles to spare. It is always fun to be able to do things with other missionaries, because we are all going through similar things and have the same calling. It's just nice to have friends. Someone coined the term "Sistrict" for our district this transfer because there are six sisters and two elders. Thankfully our zone leaders live nearby and like to come hang out with us. Oh, speaking of miles. Sister Sorensen and I got bikes this week! We have about 150 miles left for the month so we will be bikin' it! We spent a little time on our bikes on Saturday and it felt SOOOOO good! It was nice outside and it felt good to move! Yay! Hopefully the weather will be nice to us this week as well. This was our President's weekly forecast: "Weather Report: There will be weather this week. Dunno what, though . . ." His wife always says, "what rain?"
I hope you have a great week. I am jealous of the annual Memorial Day movie marathon. It sounds like fun!
Love ya lots!
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment