Dear Family and Friends,
My little brother is going on a mission! TO BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! It is going to be so perfect for him. My mission president lived there for a few years, and he even attended church in the same building where Emmett's mission office will be. He was describing the neighborhood and it sounds awesome (He called me and told me on Friday morning when he was checking up on me). Lot's of history! I can imagine that my dad was super excited about that call. Are you planning to go pick Emmett up from his mission??
It's funny because I was thinking earlier last week that it was just too easy to be Sister Sorensen's companion. And earlier on Wednesday, I was thinking how much I would love to never be in a three-pack. God always has other plans, I guess. On Wednesday night, we got a call from the Assistants that we were getting a new companion on Thursday night. We met her and she was in hysterics and the last few days have been really hard. Pardon my language, but she has been pretty "butt hurt" as Sister Cromar would put it, about the emergency transfer. Things are slowly getting more managable. It is frustrating and sometimes hurts, but I have learned in my life not to question God's will. It doesn't do you any good, and often, we do not need to know. It is not important for us right now.
Not much to report. The Aguirre family got married on Saturday, so that was a big step. I just hope that they will be committed to keep their appointments. We decided that we cannot reschedule with them anymore. We have too many other things to do. So they will have to just keep their appointments. We are really working with Thomas to get him a baptismal date. He says he wants to go to Vegas before he gets baptized (it's on his bucket list), so we are trying to talk him out of it. We found a really wonderful new investigator this week who we hope will take off. She felt the Spirit really strong in our lesson and is really open.
It was really hard to hear about Maria's passing. President Bonham called me on Thursday night to let me know and gave me Elder Bloomfield's number so that I could call him. It was a really good call. It hurt my heart to hear him cry. However, he seems to be in good Spirits and knows he is where is needs to be. I will help him as much as I can from where we are, and he could not have asked for a better mission president and wife to help. They are angels. I know he is in good hands. A few weeks ago, Sister Wright and I went to mutual on Wednesday to meet more people in the ward (and the youth and bringing tons of non-members to activities!) and they were doing a Personal Progress/Girls Camp activity about your "Super-hero" and how they display integrity. I actually wrote mine about Maria. Here it is:
MY SUPERHERO
by Sister Turley
My Superhero is: Auntie M (aka Maria Hancock)
What qualities do they have?: Patient even in hard times, full of faith, looks to the future with hope, never complains, serves others
How do they show integrity?: Her favorite saying is: "Our family's faith is centered in Christ regardless of the outcome." Not matter what happens, Maria turns to Christ, even when it is easier to be depressed or turn away from the faith. She believes what she says, and she acts in accordance to her faith.
Why are they a superhero to you?: Maria is a superhero to me because she is always positive and encourages everyone to follow Christ and do the right thing. She smiles through chemo. My favorite thing is that even though the outcome of all the treatments is unknown, she encouraged and invited Elder Bloomfield to go on a mission, to dedicate his life to serving God for 2 years, and to bless the lives of God's children with the truth and blessings she knows are of eternal value.
I am grateful for the good examples I have in my life. Thanks for all you do!
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment