Dear Family and Friends,
This week was pretty good. A little slow in the finding area, unfortunately, but you can't win them all.
The Guzman family is really progressing. They are just eating up everything we share with them. We invited the husband to be baptized and he accepted! Last time we met with them, we asked them about reading in the Book of Mormon. And the wife said, "Well...we are only on chapter nine..." We were elated! They have been studying and praying together, which is wonderful. They also do all the questions in the back of the pamphlets (without us even inviting them to do so) and write down tons of questions for us to answer in the next lessons. It is so fun to teach them! Now we just need to help them get married. That is our next order of business.
We let a few investigators go this week because they were not showing any desire to learn or progress. It's hard when that happens, but at the same time, it is kind of relieving. Then we have more time to work with those (like the Guzmans) who desire to improve their lives and come unto Christ.
We were able to do some good service for some members of the ward and that was really good for me. It's really good for me to work with my hands. It relieves stress. I think that is why I picked Medical Lab Science to study because I will get to work with my hands all the time! Last Monday, our mission president referred us to a recent convert who was moving into our ward and asked us to help her out. We didn't understand that it was that day,though... and by the time we were able to get out of lessons and things, she was already done moving. However, she sent us a text message this morning that said that her mother would like to learn more about the church!
The New Testament is just choc-full of gems that help me in my every situation. I love the scriptures! I was reading in John chapter 15 this week, and I read verse two and it really rang true. It reads: "and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit." I love that when we bear fruit (righteousness) we continue to be purged (cleaned, refined--maybe in the refiner's fire) in order to produce more and become better. I had the thought that when we have trials, it is often a sign that we are doing the right thing.
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Turley
PS--Forever thank you to everyone who helped to make Sister Connor's bday special. I appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment