Dear Family and Friends,
My new companion is Sister Cunningham. She is from Alabama and does not have an accent. She has been out as long as Elder Bloomfield and is definitely one of the best missionaries I know. We are having WAY too much fun together. We laugh all the time and work hard all the time, too. I have high hopes for great things this transfer! We have been riding our bikes all over the town this week. And there are lots and lots of hills and I am super sore. Also, we have been dubbed the "running sisters" in the mission and we are training to participate in our ward's 5K this Saturday. We ran two miles last Saturday, which is probably more than I have run at one time on my whole mission. It felt so good!
It was sad and also a relief to hear about Grandma Payne's passing. I saw Elder Bloomfield at transfers on Tuesday (he is now in Arlington) and we talked about the family situation for a little while. And we decided that hard things happen, but it's ok, and we will make it. I am grateful to know that we are an eternal family!
We were able to find two new investigators and quite a few potentials. Unfortunately, I think most of them might be YSA. But, it is their hard time of year to find, so I guess that is ok. We will share.
The Guzmans are preparing to be married and baptized on Saturday, June 28th. They are really excited! One thing that really impresses me is that they have already been making changes in their lives to bring their lives into closer harmony with the teachings of the Savior, before we even came into the picture. They are so prepared. Sister Cunningham and I can't get over the fact. They have also made some great friends in the ward, so we know that they will not get lost. I am so grateful for the ward's efforts on their part.
We had a great stake cottage meeting last night. It was very spirit-filled and the testimonies were so sincere. I loved it, and our investigator, Randi loved it as well. She is getting so close to baptism. She is 71 years old and her late husband was a member. She just has some concerns with the word of wisdom (she uses coffee for it's medicinal purposes) and one of her friends thinks that Randi will not go to heaven if she is Mormon and she wants Randi there with her. But, I think those concerns will resolve themselves as she continues to learn more and gets a strong testimony of Joseph Smith and the Restoration. I am not too worried. She loves the church and loves what she is learning. :)
I have been studying chapter 2 in Preach My Gospel this week and I am learning how important it is to learn by the spirit and also use the spirit in finding. That is one of our companionship goals, especially while we are tracting. We have to have the divine spirit to do this divine work.
Love ya lots!
Have a great week!
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment