Dear Family and Friends,
Sometimes we break the handbook rules and sing the Willie Nelson version of the Subject Line when we mount our bikes...
Things are going SOOOOO much better in our companionship! I am so grateful. Sister Sorensen and I fasted on the day that Sister Connor came to Everett and I can see the blessings of our sacrifice. Because it was a sacrifice to fast and still ride all over town on our bikes! We are smiling and laughing now and I am endlessly grateful that the Savior has helped us on this front. I know it is the result of many prayers. Thanks to everyone that has helped in every way!
Thomas dropped us and then picked us up again. We "bore down in pure testimony" in our lesson with him yesterday. It was pretty amazing. I don't think I have ever been as bold as I was in that lesson in truly sharing "pure testimony." I felt the Spirit so strong. It was thrilling! I hope that he was open to it and will contemplate the truths that we shared with him.
We found two new investigators this week (and I met standards for the first time in my mission!--4 member friend present lessons, 2 on-date for baptism, 2 at sacrament meeting, 2 new investigators). We are really excited about the Guzman family. They are a part member family and they are really excited about learning. I am not sure that the wife has ever really been active, but she just soaks up everything that we say. The husband has also been really humbled and this is going to be the perfect time for him to accept the Gospel. It makes me think of Alma's experience in Alma 32 where realized that there were humbled, prepared people for him to teach. This is what we have been looking for! I am also grateful that they are not coming to the church looking for financial aid. That seems to be a plague in our area. Two sets of missionaries gave us their names to go visit them, so we saw how ready they are to hear the Gospel.
Funny Story--so in the last little while, I have had two dreams about getting transferred to the San Juan islands and another about getting transferred to a little part of Hawaii that was sectioned out to our mission. The best part of the Hawaii dream was when I asked President about meetings and conferences and such, and he said that the mission would fly us back for Zone Conferences and General Authorities, but for district meetings, we would probably just have to skype. Is there something happening in the islands that I need to know about? :)
This week in my studies I really enjoyed reading in the New Testament about the story of Lazarus. The timing was perfect as I was pondering on the Plan of Salvation and Maria's recent passing. My most favorite observation was the fact that Jesus really loved Mary, Martha and Lazarus. He had a real, human relationship with them outside of being their Savior. What stood out most with that knowledge was that he allowed Lazarus to die. Granted, Christ raised him from the dead, but he still let him pass away. I was grateful for that assurance that even (and I might say, especially) those he loves have to suffer death and it's consequences. I also loved that the passing of Lazarus was for a purpose. For the purpose of building the kingdom of God. No righteous person leaves just because. It is for the purpose of building the kingdom of God--to strengthen testimony here, to share the Gospel on the other side, etc. I am thankful for that.
Thanks for all you do!
Love,
Sister Turley
No comments:
Post a Comment